College students find essay writing to be a complicated assignment. There are rules to be followed for different kinds of essay.
An essay –
- Evaluate a problem with an aim to express your personal viewpoint on specific topic
- Each kind of essay writing is intended to express a definite message as well as execute a specific function
- You need to consider various opinions, organize them appropriately and reveal an informed opinion about the topic
Visit https://essaymill.com/writers to take help from a pool of professionals to write any kind of essay. Students get quality writing works, in accordance to their requirements.
Different types of essays
- Expository essays
Expository essays needs research on an idea, evaluate evidence, present the concept, and support presentation with argument. Usually, definition, comparison and contrast, cause & effect analysis and illustrations is involved in writing expository essay.
- First paragraph involves a clear and extensive thesis statement. Narrow the declaration to follow assignment guidelines. Statement needs to involve essay topic, because it is necessary.
- The transition flow between introductory, body, and conclusion paragraphs need to be smooth, clear, and make sense. Ignoring these transitions can possibly make readers lost in the essay. Even your argument goes off course. Transitions provide a logical path and maintain flow.
- Each paragraphs need to have evidence, which supports your topic. Discuss a single concept in each paragraph. Explaining a list of ideas in every paragraph can cause confusion.
- Expository essay means providing evidence. Without any backup your essay is not an expository essay.
- Never repeat thesis statement in writing the conclusion. Expand the introductory statement by talking about the evidence you disclosed. In addition, ensure not to provide any new ideas or information in your conclusion.
Expository essay is similar to a debate including a start, middle, and end. It is not complete, if readers are left with unanswered questions. In short, in the introduction reveal the purpose, support it in body section, and summarize the whole thing in conclusion.
- Descriptive essays
Descriptive essays enable the writers to be creative because the main aim is to SHOW an image clearly in the minds of the readers. There is hardly any kind of format, but here are tips to write a good descriptive essay.
- Before writing brainstorm for an interesting and appealing topic. Start to write specific details related to the selected topic.
- Write descriptive words related to details, which you will use in the essay. You desire to paint a picture in reader’s mind, so use appealing adjectives.
- Besides sight, you also get a chance to stimulate their other sensory organs like smell, sound, touch, and taste.
- Emotions and feelings are key partners in description, which helps to connect readers on an emotional level.
- Organization of the essay is also crucial. Excessive use of emotions, senses, and descriptive words can confuse readers because they will not recognize what object or aspect or situation you are describing.
- Narrative essays
Narrative essay needs a story to be told. They are similar to memoir writing.
- Story format includes characters, setting, plots, etc.
- Book report writing needs to be informative narrative and not retelling the whole book.
- Narrative essay needs to have a point like expository essay.
- Select a viewpoint and stick to it.
- Persuasive or argumentative essay
Format is similar to expository essay, but your opinion about the evidence and topic is included. These are not intended to modify the reader’s opinion.